The Sock Diary

Musings of a part-time Sweaty Sock.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Finished it. Wow. What a story! J.K. Rowling is back on form, after the slight disappointment of the Order of the Phoenix. There was something a bit... Dirty Dozen about Order of the Phoenix. I hesitate to use the word about a story about wizards, but there was something unrealistic about it. I had trouble suspending my disbelief for the last half of the book.

The Half Blood Prince sweeps all that away, and kicks butt. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I seriously recommend you buy, beg, or borrow a copy and read it. Anyone who says they don't think they'll like reading a kids book should just read it. It's not a kids book, it's an everyone book.

Thanks Ms Rowling. Nice job.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 am, Anonymous Spamdy said…

    Bruv -
    Are you going to be around for some Wimpole fun on Sunday? Can I borrow/beg/steal Harry Potter off u? Ooh go on o you mite... Lou not talking to me cos I refused to pre-order it on Amazon - 'don't want to buy into the hype, it's only a book, etc.' - kicking myself now however... )o;

     
  • At 3:39 am, Blogger Rick Barnes said…

    I can not wait for my company to leave, need to read this book!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home