The Sock Diary

Musings of a part-time Sweaty Sock.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Winer vs Curry

Dave Winer has gone a bit ballistic at Adam Curry.

I wouldn't presume to know who has the rights and wrongs of the situation, but I understand that it would be galling for someone else to claim credit for my work. It does look as though Radio Userland provided a commercial iPodder early doors, and that others including Dave were doing podcasts before the Daily Source Code started, but Adam hasn't rebutted (yet?), so I'll wait for that before forming an opinion, if one is needed from me ;).

On the other hand, for the vast majority of podlisteners and podcasters I guess whomever came up with podcasting maybe a moot point because it's great, it's here to stay, and we're all standing on the shoulders of giants, as in most other areas of human endeavour.

Harry Hill has a great solution for these kind of situations, when celebrities argue. Good spectacle, guaranteed ratings winner: FIGHT!

That was tongue in cheek before I get flamed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home