The Sock Diary

Musings of a part-time Sweaty Sock.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Quick News RSS reader progress

Er, it didn't really like being installed on my PC. It blew up big time on the first sync after I added my opml file of feeds. Will try it tonight on my Mac.

I read the manual, which was comprehensive and pretty clear, but the install called for me to run something called "Quick News.exe" to enable the conduit, which didn't exist on my hard disk (and, believe me, I checked). I also had to manually add the .prc file to the HotSync Installer. Not so good for an alleged Windows msi installer package. Maybe my PC is just screwed.

Will report back on how the Mac install goes.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:04 pm, Anonymous danb said…

    How about Googles new personalised homepage.

    The feed selection is small at the momment but there is no doubt they will extend it to full RSS support and the page is small data wise...

    here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home