The Sock Diary

Musings of a part-time Sweaty Sock.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Strange Day

A very strange day yesterday. It was a beautiful day, properly warm and sunny with a fresh wind. We had to go to hospital and sit around a lot, which wasn't much fun, but we drove there and back "the scenic route" and took the dogs for a walk. I took the camera with me.


Hospital Room
Originally uploaded by partTimeSock.

Here's the room in the Lister Hospital we got seen in. Lovely decor:). The (massively overworked) staff were fantastic. I know a crap environment can affect morale, along with long hours, naff pay, high responsibility and management crapping on you (sounds a lot like the NHS) but these guys were really good to us. I don't know how they do it but a big thank you to them, and all the others working under pretty intolerable conditions while the politicians argue the toss and throw money at management schemes.



Abingdon Piggotts Telephone
Originally uploaded by partTimeSock.
Here's somewhere called Abingdon Piggotts which still has a proper red phonebox, and I think the postbox has GR on it (for George Rex, the King before the current Queen. her postboxes have ER - Elizabeth Regina on).



Passing Place
Originally uploaded by partTimeSock.
A wee way along the road we found these thoughtfully signposted and marked passing places. Someone had nothing to do and a bit of budget to use up one day at the Highways Agency didn't they ;)



Last Bit Of The Sunset
Originally uploaded by partTimeSock.
I took the dogs for a walk around sunset. This was the view on the way back up the ridge. It was a lot more colourful on the way down (way more red), but by the time I remembered I had a camera, some of the colour had gone. Divot.



The Moon At Sunset
Originally uploaded by partTimeSock.
At the same as the Sun going down, the Moon was coming up. It was really clear when I took the photo (although I blurred it up). Very serene.


The dogs did me proud by covering themselves in mud, really thick, sticky mud. I took a small video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home