The Sock Diary

Musings of a part-time Sweaty Sock.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"Lawyers' panel indicts Bush and Blair for War Crimes"

This is from Al-Jazeera, the Arabic TV channel we hear a lot about in the UK. I'm having a look round their English site as they're pretty much classed as the anti-Christ here and I wanted to see what bias they actually exhibited. No conclusions as yet. Found this though:

Speaking on Monday at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan, Kohki Abe, a professor of law at Kanagawa University, said they [Blair and Bush] should face the "maximum penalty available". That would not include the death penalty, however, as the members of the tribunal opposed capital punishment, he added.


This guy is from the Japanese chapter of a group called International Criminal Tribunal for Iraq (ICTI) which I've never heard of. However, they're saying what a lot of people I know think is true. Some more digging may in order.

First reaction is I'm surprised none of the British media seesm to have picked it up this evening, as I found it at about 5pm but didn't have time to blog it properly. No mention at all. Maybe on further research I'll find the ICTI are a bunch of nuttters so it may not be news-worthy. On the other hand, I might find that they're a group of highly respected lawyers from around the world, in which case I would question why it wasn't on the main news this evening.

Aljazeera.Net - Lawyers' panel indicts Bush, Blair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home